Are you prepared?

Preparedness Pantry Blog Food Storage Analyzer™

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

It's 'like a large baked oatmeal cookie with breakfast.'"

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:

3 cups oatmeal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Mix all ingredients together and pour into 13 x 9 inch buttered pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. The innkeeper also likes to add dried fruits and nuts and pour into small ramekins for baking and serving individually.

** I substitute 1/4 cup ground flax seed for 1/4 butter, and I add a Tbsp of cinnamon, and chopped nuts to taste, also I sprinkle a bit more cinnamon on top after it's in the pan.

Sometimes I make it in the 13x9 pan, other times I make it in muffin tins. Watch closely when in the muffin tins because the cooking time varies.

1 comment:

Grandma Elsie said...

Yum those sound good. I may have to make the grandchildren some . thanks for sharing the recipe.
Elsie <><